Library of Childrens Medical Center was opened in 1969 . Previous location of it , was beside Dr.Gharib conference room and in 1989 was transferred to present place which is larger and its area is about 220 square meters .The reading room has a capacity for 75 people and a small room next to the library is provided to serve 24 hours a day especially for residents and sub-speciality fellowship students . This center currently has a library in charge ,2 librarians and a non-librarian staff .
Because of being well located in hospital and in vicinity of medical faculty , broad range of services is performed even to out of hospital clients , using library resources is undertaken within our written internal regulations . The medical journals of before 1990 in printed form along with 254 latin and Persian , which the history of them some datebacks to 1954 are also available in archives . At present time magazines under 5000 different titles are also available via university official site , which includes credible information banks .